Christ lays out the road map for obtaining the promise of Eternal Life
"Yea, blessed are the poor in spirit who come unto me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.
"And again, blessed are all they that mourn, for they shall be comforted. (6)
"And blessed are the meek, for they shall inherit the earth. (3, 4)
"And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost.
"And blessed are the merciful, for they shall obtain mercy. (1)
"And blessed are all the pure in heart, for they shall see God. (2)
"And blessed are all the peacemakers, for they shall be called the children of God. (5)
"And blessed are all they who are persecuted for my name’s sake, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." (3 Nephi 12:3-12)
1. "Because thou knowest these things ye are redeemed from the fall; therefore ye are brought back into my presence; therefore I show myself unto you." (Ether 3:13)
2. "And seek the face of the Lord always, that in patience ye may possess your souls, and ye shall have eternal life." (D&C 101:38)
3. "And the redemption of the soul is through him that quickeneth all things, in whose bosom it is decreed that the poor and the meek of the earth shall inherit it. Therefore, it must needs be sanctified from all unrighteousness, that it may be prepared for the celestial glory; For after it hath filled the measure of its creation, it shall be crowned with glory, even with the presence of God the Father; That bodies who are of the celestial kingdom may possess it forever and ever; for, for this intent was it made and created, and for this intent are they sanctified....And again, verily I say unto you, the earth abideth the law of a celestial kingdom, for it filleth the measure of its creation, and transgresseth not the law Wherefore, it shall be sanctified; yea, notwithstanding it shall die, it shall be quickened again, and shall abide the power by which it is quickened, and the righteous shall inherit it." (D&C 88:17-20, 25-26)
4. "This earth will be rolled back into the presence of God, and crowned with celestial glory." (Joseph Smith, TPJS Section 4, p. 181)
5. See "Fathers in Heaven, Adoption"
6. "Now, after the Lord had withdrawn from speaking to me, and withdrawn his face from me, I said in my heart: Thy servant has sought thee earnestly; now I have found thee." (Abraham 2:12)